Former fighters of the Lords Resistance Army rebels on amnesty have started recruiting youths in Gulu district.
Walter Ochora the Gulu Resident District Commissioner says that two former LRA commanders Sunday Otto and Odong Kau are behind the fresh rebel recruitment exercise.
Otto and Kau were part of the LRA fighters who surrendered to government forces in 2007. At the time of their defection, Otto disclosed how Vincent Otti, Joseph Kony's deputy had been arrested and murdered.
Ochora says intelligence reports indicate that the two former rebel commanders and others have been conducting meetings in Cereleno, a surburb of Gulu town to hoodwink youths into joining rebellion.
He explains that the recruits are told they will be taken to DR Congo for training before they join the Allied Democratic Front rebel forces based in Western Uganda.
The LRA has in the past abducted several youth who are conscripted into the rebel ranks as child soldiers.
Security Minister, Amama Mbabazi says government is checking intelligence reports that LRA rebels are planning to launch a fresh attack on Uganda.
He says that the rebels are regrouping with the remnants of ADF rebels. Mbabazi says although government is aware that Joseph Kony's rebels are disorganized and have no capacity of regrouping again to destabilize peace in Uganda, the government does not take the reports lightly.
Meanwhile, the revelation has prompted bitter reactions from some members of the public who say they are fed up with the LRA rebellion.
Bosco Okema, a resident of Aywe, Laroo division has appealed to government to stop any attempts by the LRA to attack Northern Uganda. He blames the former rebels who were granted amnesty for trying to plunge the Acholi into more suffering.
//Cue in: iBecause Acholi dong#i
Cue out: i#pe dong wamiti wadok I can.i//
The news comes as hundred of thousands of the displaced persons begin to trek back to their homes, after nearly two decades in the camps due to the rebel insurgency.