Victims of the Bududa landslide have resolved to reject their relocation to Sironko due to security concerns.
Last week, Government announced plans to purchase 2000 acres of land in Bunambutye, Sironko district to resettle 5000 people displaced by landslides in Bududa.
The land which government intends to purchase has been vacant for more than two decades after the original owners abandoned it as a result of Karamojong cattle raids.
Now the victims of the landslides say they will not accept to be moved to Sironko for fear of insecurity.
During a meeting on Wednesday afternoon, at Bulucheke Internally Displaced People's camp and the IDPs resolved to stay in Bulucheke and not be relocated to Sironko.
Julius Waraka, the Chairperson of Bulucheke Camp says the IDPS resolved not to move to Sironko for fear of attack from Karimojong warriors.
// Cue in: "In fact people are not willing..."
Cue out "...in danger if they go to Sironko" //
Waraka says the victims are also concerned that Sironko district council did not bother to consult them on the relocation exercise.
He however says they are willing to be relocated out of Bududa to another area but not Sironko.
Government recently announced that it will resettle victims of the landslide in Sironko by early next month. The exercise is to cost 10 billion shillings.