Fire has gutted a house in Budaka burning to death a 9-months-old toddler.
9-months-old Rogers Mwoyo was burnt to death early yesterday in his parent's home in Kiralaka village in Kamonkoli Sub County.
Jackson Nyege, LC I chairman Kiralaka village says that the house started from a candle that was left unattended in house.
He says that Safina Nafuna, the mother to the deceased lit a candle and went out to fetch water from a borehole next to her home
It is suspected that upon waking up the toddler crawled and pulled the burning candle which fell on the nearby mattress before the fire spread fast to other household property.
Nyege says that the child was already burnt beyond recognition when residents rushed to save him. He appeals to residents not to live candles unattended too in their house.
Stephen Kebba, a resident of Kiralaka village says that they have not overcome the death of Mwoyo. Nafuna could not speak to the media because she is yet to come to terms with the death of her son.