Bukoyo secondary school has been closed following a violent strike by students last night.
The students went on rampage at around 11pm destroying school property worth millions of shillings to protest a week long power black out.
This morning, the school board of governors chaired by Mohamed Walangalira, resolved to close the school until August 28.
Muzamir Iwumbwe Olwita, the school head teacher announced the closure of the school this afternoon.
Olwita says that they have decided to close the school to enable them plan better how to manage the students.
// Cue in "we have set up..."
Cue out "... addressed them."//
UMEME disconnected power to Bukoyo secondary school last week as a result of accumulated bills to the tune of shilling 23 million.
Muzamir Iwumbwe Olwita, the school head teacher says that the school is unable to clear the bills because of servicing huge debts.