A has died in Mpigi trying to rescue his family from a fire that gutted their house, this evening. The deceased is Bashir Sekabira, a resident of Kyabadaza village.
Sekabira was burnt to death when he stormed into the house to rescue his family when the fire broke out but failed to move out. His wife Sharifa Sekabira and son Kamada Sekabira survived with minor burns.
Sekabira's body was retrieved from house by residents who battle the fire for over 30 minutes. It was taken to Gombe hospital where his wife and son are admitted.
Mustafa Malimbo, the LC I chairman of Kyabadaza village says that the fire started from petrol that was kept in ill fate house.
Malimbo says the deceased's family had several jerricans of petrol kept in their house. He says that local authorities have been pleading with Sekabira against keeping petrol in his house in vain.