Fugitive Head Teacher Netted After 3 Years

1785 Views Kibaale, Uganda

In short
A director of two schools who egged on students to kill a trespasser on school premises has been arrested after three years.

The director of two schools in Kibaale district is being held over the death of a resident who was allegedly murdered by his students on his orders.
Hannington Kazibwe ( 34) who manages Bugangaizi College day and boarding secondary school in Kasingo village and Bugangaizi preparatory primary school all in Kakumiro town council Kibaale district, was netted on Tuesday morning by police at Kakumiro police station in connection with the brutal murder incident which happened at his school mid October, 2011.
The incident allegedly occurred mid October 2011 during a senior four farewell party.
Hannington, who also doubles as a head teacher of Bugangaizi college secondary school, ordered his students to batter  29 year- old Gerald Kazibwe. The casual labourer and resident of Kasingo village had strayed onto the school premises at night.
Kazibwe was thoroughly beaten up by the students at around 10:00 pm who were being egged on by their head teacher.
The deceased’s body was found with deep wounds.
A post-mortem examination report carried out on the deceased by police doctor indicated that the deceased succumbed to internal bleeding due the wounds sustained.
Although Kakumiro police opened a file to investigate the killing, they were unable to apprehend anyone. The head teacher had by then gone into hiding and has been on the run for three years until he was arrested. 
The school was also closed for one month as police mounted a search for some students who were involved in the killing.
Hannington was surprisingly arrested and detained by police at Kakumiro police station  when he turned up to investigate the status of the case.
Titus Namonyo the officer in-charge Criminal Investigations Department Kakumiro police station told journalists that police have been hunting for the fugitive head teacher over the incident.
Namonyo further reveals that the suspect was on Tuesday evening transferred to Kibaale police station as investigations into the matter take on a greater urgency.