Two Minors Survive House Fire in Sembabule

1681 Views

In short
The incident occurred on Wednesday night at Kiganda village when a house belonging to Rashid Sserwanga gutted fire. Serwanga and his wife were out celebrating the New Year when the tragedy occurred.

Two minors have survived death after a house in which they were sleeping gutted fire destroying property worth millions of shillings.

The incident occurred on Wednesday night at Kiganda village, Mateete town council in Sembabule district when a house belonging to Rashid Sserwanga gutted fire.

Serwanga and his wife were out celebrating the New Year when the tragedy occurred.

The children that escaped death have been identified as Fatia Namuwonge 4, Faisal Muwonge aged 6.

It is suspected that the fire started from a lit candle that was left in the house.

The southern region police spokesperson Noah Sserunjoji condemns parents who lock up minors in houses to attend night clubs and other night activities. He says such actions put children’s lives at risk.

The incident comes just a week after another fire had gutted a house at Kagongo village, Lugusulu Sub County in Ssembabule district belonging to Peter Kajenza.